This conference is now long over, but records and references are still available; follow the links.
The Changing Landscape of Scholarly Communication In the Digital Age
Wednesday, February 11-13, 2009
Annenberg Presidential Conference Center Texas A&M University
NOTE: Streaming videos of the symposium are now available.There is no charge for participation in the symposium, but early registration is strongly advised.
This three-day symposium will cover the following major topics:
- open access
- intellectual property rights
- peer-reviewed electronic journal and book publishing
- improving access to publicly funded research and the scholarly work of faculty
- the effects of new scholarly publishing models on the promotion and tenure process
- how university presses can best contribute and sustain themselves in this changing landscape
- the best uses of university resources to cover these mission-centered responsibilities and costs
- the role of the university libraries as institutional repositories and facilitators for faculty scholarship